30 days free trial.
‘ “No home should be without one” certainly applies to this splendid medical dictionary’, Journal of the Institute of Health Education
This best-selling and market-leading dictionary contains over 12,000 clear and concise entries, covering all aspects of medical science. Written by a team of medical experts, the entries are accessible and jargon-free, and complemented by over 140 illustrations and diagrams. The 8th edition has been fully revised and updated to cover changes in this fast-moving field. Entries on techniques and equipment, drugs, general medical practice, health service organization, and treatment have all been reviewed, and updated where necessary.
The dictionary has also been expanded in many areas, with particular attention paid to pharmacology, obstetrics and gynaecology, paediatrics, ethics, nephrology, and psychiatry. Selling over a million copies in previous editions, this is an indispensable reference guide for students, as well as those working in the medical and allied professions. It is also an invaluable home reference guide for the general reader
A SEARCH TOOL
Featuring various search options to help you find the words you need more easily, including:
• A quick search of words while you type
• A 'fuzzy filter' when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word
• A 'keyword' search for finding key words within phrasal verbs
• A wild card search facility which can replace a letter or a group of letters
A LEARNING TOOL
The dictionary app includes a number of features which help you to expand your vocabulary further:
• A 'Favourites' feature allows you to create your own categories and lists of words
• Your last visited words are all saved in your 'History', so that you can quickly look back at recently checked words
• Discover a new word every day with the 'Daily' feature
• Ability to have dictionary Word of the Day as a widget on the device home screen
• See words in context with example sentences
• Online and offline modes supported; the offline mode allows you to download the whole dictionary and work independently from data connections
A mobile dictionary application from MobiSystems with content from Oxford University Press.